Article 9 - Governing Committee (GC)
1. For the day-to-day management of the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure, a three-member Governing Committee shall be established, consisting of the President and two members selected by the General Assembly by vote. The members of the GC need not necessarily be representatives of a member organisation of the So.Da.Net Network. They must, however, have the scientific training and experience required for the day-to-day management of the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure, as well as for supporting the operation of the So.Da.Net Network and promoting its initiatives.
2.The GC meets at least once a month, at the invitation of its President and whenever deemed necessary to promote the objectives of the Infrastructure and coordinate the operation of the Network.
3. The term of office of the GC shall be two years.
4. The GC shall manage on a day-to-day basis the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure and support its operation and shall in particular have the following responsibilities:
α) It shall manage the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure on a day-to-day basis and shall have the following tasks.
b) Represent the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure in activities and communication with public authorities and public and private sector bodies in general
c) Represent the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure in partner infrastructures and consortia as well as vis-à-vis content producers.
(d) Represent Greece in CESSDA through its President or his/her deputy or appoint its representative in CESSDA.
(e) Develop proposals and procedures for the financial management of the activities and programmes of the So.Da.Net Research Infrastructure on the basis of the guidelines and decisions of the General Assembly and work towards finding sources of funding. prepare on an annual basis a financial budget and a financial report.
(f) coordinate the staff providing administrative, technical, operational and secretarial support for the operation of the Infrastructure.
(g) provide user support.
(h) ensuring the development and management of the content of the Infrastructure and the development of its IT systems.
Article 10 - President of the General Assembly (GA) and the Governing Committee (GC)
1. The General Assembly shall elect its President and his/her Deputy in separate votes by a simple majority of the members.
2. The President of the GA shall preside over the GA and represent it before each body.
3. The term of office of the President of the GA shall be two years.
4. The GA shall also elect the Chairperson of the GC by a simple majority of the members. The President of the GA, or his/her deputy, may also be elected President of the GC.
5. The President of the GC shall chair the Governing Committee and coordinate its functioning.
6. The term of office of the Chairperson of the GC shall be the same as that of the GC.