The Scientific Committee is the governance body consisting of representatives of the academic organizations. The Scientific Committee decides for the president election and for his/her deputy. The Scientific Committee has at least two meetings per year or upon invitation of the President or a number of members. The Scientific Committee draws up specific actions plans and activities and is the decision making body for the promotion and dissemination of the network's objectives. More specifically a) it elaborates and prepares proposals for the development and management of So.Da.Net b) It discuss and submit proposals for the network in order to take part in research and development projects at national and international level. It is responsible for dissemination and promotion activities of So.Da.Net and the connection among research and education. The President or an appointed member designated by the Scientific Committee represents So.Da.Net to the Service Providers' Forum at CESSDA and or at the General Assembly. The Scientific Committee manages the development and enlargement of So.Da.Net members and projects.
Scientific Committee (Article 7 of the Cooperation Protocol)
1. A Scientific Committee shall be established and operate within the Network, consisting of one representative of each organisation participating in the Network as a member.
2.The members shall appoint their regular representatives in accordance with the provisions of the statutes governing their operation. The bodies shall also appoint an alternate representative to take part in meetings and general work when the regular representative is prevented from attending.
3.The Scientific Committee shall meet at least twice a year. The Scientific Committee shall meet at the invitation of the Chairperson whenever deemed necessary to promote the objectives of the Infrastructure and to coordinate its functioning.
4. A quorum for the meeting of the Scientific Committee shall be at least one-half (1/2) of the Entity Members comprising the Scientific Committee. Decisions shall be taken by an absolute majority of the members present.
Powers of the Scientific Committee (Article 8 of the Cooperation Protocol)
1. The Scientific Committee shall draw up the specific actions and projects and take the necessary decisions to promote the objectives of the Network.
2. In particular, it shall have the following powers:
- Εlaborates and prepares proposals for the development and management of the Greek Research Infrastructure So.Da.Net.
- Discusses and prepares proposals for the participation of the Network in research and development projects and actions of national and transnational scope.
- Develops and disseminates to the relevant scientific community proposals for the promotion of social research and the exploitation and dissemination of its results and promotes the link between research and education.
- Proposes and creates working groups and committees to study issues related to the creation, development and maintenance of the Greek Research Infrastructure So.Da.Net.
- Represents Greece in CESSDA through its President or his deputy or appoint its representative in CESSDA.
- Decides on the admission and participation of new members in the Network.
- Manages the development and expansion projects of the Greek Research Infrastructure So.Da.Net.