Social Data Network (So.Da.Net), Athens
Dinner, venue: 19:00, 13 May 2019 (provided by Cessda)
Workshop: 09:00-17:00, 14 May 2019
The aim of the workshop is to present the Data Management Expert Guide (DMEG), with an emphasis on new materials around RDM, GDPR and Data Discovery. The guide was prepared by CESSDA-ERIC Service providers. CESSDA data management experts will train participants in how to use the developed materials in the delivery of training to their researchers. The training event is designed interactively and includes hands-on exercises.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand the structure of the Expert Tour Guide
- Know which tools to use and where to find information.
- Know the arguments and relevant considerations for making data openly available while still meeting the needs of data protection (in accordance with legislative and ethical requirements).
- Gain knowledge of the RDM module and be able to apply it to local training events.
- Know how to teach researchers to find and access data in Europe
Prior knowledge of research or data archiving is recommended. Participants are expected to study the educational material available online to ensure the benefits from the training programme.
The workshop is aimed at employees of CESSDA Service Providers, and CESSDA partnering organisations as well as employees of affiliated organisations and research institutions, tasked with providing training on research data management or data discovery to the social science research community, or planning to deliver such training in the future. We expect that participants will use their gained knowledge to deliver research data management and/or data discovery training locally or internationally.
Venue of the meting
HOU (Hellenic Open University)
Tzortz 4 − Square Kaniggos, 10677, Athens